During the postpartum period, I am there to nourish and support both the mother and the family as a whole. I believe that food can make a dramatic difference in the body's ability to heal itself and that proper nourishment is essential to maternal wellness in the postpartum time. I'd love to show you that you can experience life as a new mother feeling strong, well cared for and radiant. In addition, I serve as a guide who answers questions and provides much needed assurance from a gentle, non-judgmental, holistic perspective, allowing you to develop your own unique parenting style. My goal as a postpartum doula is to offer just the right amount of knowledge and support to empower you to embark on your parenting journey from a confident, informed space.
Postpartum Doula support can include:
- emotional and physical support for the mother as she recovers from birth
- meal preparation: As the main focus of the support I provide, I offer meals that are especially formulated to deeply nourish the postpartum mother. meals can be made just for the mother or I am happy to feed the whole family.
- newborn care: education and soothing techniques
- normalizing the postpartum experience: when you first become a parent, it's easy to feel isolated and not know whether your experience is typical. having an experienced postpartum doula by your side to reassure you is invaluable.
- phone and email support before and after birth
- lactation cookies: I can prepare vegan and paleo lactation cookies for you in your home
- breastfeeding support
- basic infant massage
- provide professional referrals as needed
Offerings and Pricing
I offer 4-hour in-home postpartum sessions at $300 per session. Clients can book as many sessions as they like and use them in whatever way makes sense once baby arrives (i.e. you purchase 8 sessions and decide to use 4 the first week and 2 each week for the two weeks following).
Once we decide to work together, I will set up a prenatal intake visit in your home. The cost is $250 and lasts about an hour and a half. We'll go over your kitchen, the layout of your home, your general plan once baby arrives and do some lose menu planning.
I have also recently introduced virtual postpartum sessions. Via FaceTime or Skype, we can connect to go over any and all challenges you might be facing. This is a great option for those who don't live in Los Angeles, or those who need to just do a quick check-in with someone who gets it. Virtual sessions can be booked in increments of 30 minutes, at $60 per half hour.
Please reach out if you have any questions or you'd like to set up a complimentary interview session.